- 4 medium mushrooms (morel, oyster, maitake preferred), rinsed, patted dry and cut in ½-inch pieces
- 4 fingerling potatoes, cut into ½-inch pieces
- 8 baby carrots
- 1 dried bay leaf
- 1 sprig thyme, leaves only, chopped
- 1 tablespoon smoked olive oil, Texas Olive Ranch Mesquite-Smoked, preferred
- 1½ -2 cups chicken stock
- 12 thick asparagus spears, bottoms trimmed and spears cut into
- 2-inch pieces on the diagonal
- 8 cherry tomatoes
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
Combine the mushrooms, potatoes, carrots, bay leaf, thyme, olive oil and 1 cup of the stock in a saucepan big enough to hold them without overcrowding. Cook over high heat until almost all the liquid has been evaporated, about 15 minutes.
Add the asparagus and tomatoes and ½ cup of stock. Continue cooking over medium high heat until liquid is reduced to a glaze. If the potatoes and carrots need more cooking time, add the remaining ½ cup of stock and cook until liquid has also been reduced to a glaze. Season with salt and pepper and fi nish with parsley.
Reprinted with permission from Edible Dallas & Fort Worth: The Cookbook © 2012 by Edible Communities, Sterling Epicure, an imprint of Sterling Publishing Co., Inc.
No comments yet.