Note: Protocols are changing rapidly. Please check-in first with any farm or business to get up-to-date procedures before ordering, and call for availability before visiting.
We have compiled this ongoing resource list to support local farms and producers who cannot afford to lose their income – and, many of us need their products and services. Home delivery, drop-off sites, farm pick-up, free or low cost shipping… all are ways we can now support our North Texas food producer community.
Edible DFW is working on many moving parts to keep this list updated for our readers and followers during this unimaginable time. Please follow us @edibledfw or subscribe to our newsletter on our home page for updates. If you want to be added to this Local Resource list, or are listed and have a change in circumstances, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to UPDATE your information.
Berkshire Farms Pork & Winery
- WHAT: Local, free range, organic pork products, including Bacon, Bratwurst, Breakfast Sausage, Boudin, various cuts, and whole hog.
- WHERE: Home delivery of Pork and Wine throughout DFW.
- WHEN: Deliveries on Mon / Wed / Fri.
- ANYTHING ELSE? Email BerkshireFarmsDallas@gmail.com for details on ordering and delivery.
Bois d’Arc Meat Co.
- WHAT: Beef, pork, and eggs.
- WHEN & WHERE: Dallas Farmers Market, Saturday 9am-2pm; on-farm sales and pick up by appointment. Website: www.boisdarcmeatco.com.
- ANYTHING ELSE? Delivery not available.
Burgundy Pasture Beef
- WHAT: Offering local 100% Grass Fed Beef & Lamb, Pasture Raised Chicken, Pork, & Rabbit, Raw Milk Cheeses, Free Range Pastured Eggs, Bone Broth, and more! All of the animals are raised on native Texas pastures without antibiotics or growth hormones.
- WHEN & WHERE: Three Locations – Dallas, 1314 Ross Ave. (972-707-7241); Fort Worth, 3326 W. 7th St. (817-878-2722) Grandview, 800 McDuff Ave. (817-866-2247).
- ANYTHING ELSE? You can also order some items online at www.burgundypasturebeef.com. Free shipping on orders of $150.00 or more.
- WHAT: A family-owned farm in Celina, Texas – offering pastured poultry, eggs, grass-fed lamb, and organic seasonal produce.
- WHERE: Farm pick-up at 8436 County Road 134, Celina, Texas 75009
- WHEN: Pick-up days/times are Tuesday–Friday, 1:00-5:30pm
- ANYTHING ELSE? Place order online by midnight Mon-Thurs, and your order will be available for farm pick-up the next day. Order here: CartermereFarms.com
Cold Springs Farm CSA
- WHAT: Pastured heritage pork and chicken, grass fed beef (J Lazy S), and sustainably grown seasonal produce.
- WHERE: Fort Worth area
- WHEN: Drop-offs on Sundays from 2:30-3:30pm
- ANYTHING ELSE? Mangalitsa and American Guinea Hog pork quarters/halves/whole; $5 per lb plus processing; message Farmer Bev on their Facebook page @coldspringsfarmcsa.
East Texas Aquaponics
- WHAT: Chicken and duck eggs, fresh lettuce, herbs, microgreens; beef and chicken from Jester D Farms
- WHEN & WHERE: Farm-to-door deliveries to Mineola (75773) and Lindale (75771), or pick up at the farm: 25353 County Road 462, Mineola, TX.
- ANYTHING ELSE? Order online at https://www.easttexasaquaponics.com/
Eden’s Organic Garden Center/CSA Farm
- WHAT: Urban farm and mini-organic farmer’s market in southeast Dallas County’s food desert. More info online HERE.
- WHEN & WHERE: Pick up at the farm 4710 Pioneer Rd., Balch Springs, TX 75180 / 214-348-3336. Also offering no-cost home delivery for home-bound seniors, disabled, and single parents with small kids; limited area in Balch Springs, Mesquite, Seagoville
- ANYTHING ELSE? Opening up membership for some new CSA members for the spring season; quarterly share payment for spring, then monthly share payments going forward.
- WHAT: Chicken and Duck eggs, and soon to be Seasonal Veggies from a 100% Veteran owned local small farm.
- WHERE: Lucas, Plano, Weston.
- WHEN: Deliveries/Pickups on Saturdays.
- ANYTHING ELSE? Selling through both Profound Foods (www.profoundfoods.com) for Plano, Lucas and surrounding areas, and Weston Marketplace (https://weston.locallygrown.net/welcome) for around Weston/north of McKinney areas. For other location options, please check our website at https://evanshomestead.farm/ and contact us. We are currently putting together an online ordering system, so stay tuned.
- WHAT: Farmers Assisting Returning Military (F.A.R.M.) — with restaurants closed during the covid-19 crisis, many Veteran Farmers have lost their revenues. In order to help alleviate current food shortages while helping our farmers, you can order online high quality local grass feed, free range bison, grass fed and finished beef, pork, chicken, chicken and duck eggs, mushrooms, teas, and more. See website for availability.
- WHERE: Pick up at 700 S. Good Latimer Expressway, in Dallas 75224
- WHEN: Order online by 6pm Thursdays, with no-contact pick up Saturdays from 10am-3pm.
- ANYTHING ELSE? Place a box in your trunk for pick up, and they will load in your items.
Fisher Family Farm & Ranch
- WHAT: A family-owned farm in Fruitvale, Texas, offering FARM-TO-DOOR delivery service throughout DFW. Seasonal veggies, fruits, beef, and poultry.
- WHERE: Home delivery -or- pickup sites available at various Markets.
- WHEN: When Markets are open at White Rock, Coppell, Frisco Rotary, and McKinney Farmers Markets.
- ANYTHING ELSE? You can order a Growers Box in a variety of sizes, with a modest fee for home delivery. Order online here.
Forty Five Farm
- WHAT: Seasonal local produce in Gainesville, TX; follow organic principles with copious compost.
- WHEN & WHERE: To order, call 940-443-3333 or email email@example.com; local delivery available.
- ANYTHING ELSE? Currently have cool season crops: onion, turnip, radish and baby greens as well as baby salad blend and several types of microgreens. Planning to focus on tomato, squash, melons, okra, cucumber, peppers and other warm season crops, then holiday strawberries and tomatoes along with cool-season crops in our polytunnel later in the year.
- WHAT: Family farm growing a variety of nutritious produce using the aquaponics method. Everything we grow is done with integrity and beyond organic.
- WHEN & WHERE: Offering daily farm pick up for our produce and some meats from other local ranchers in Grayson county. Call or email: 214-533-3929 / firstname.lastname@example.org
- ANYTHING ELSE? Expanding to offer business & home deliveries of produce and farm to table meals from Lettuce Indulge food truck in Grayson county.
Gober Grass Fed Farms
- WHAT: Pasture raised chicken, pork, eggs; grass fed & finished beef
- WHERE: Order online or by email; pick up on the farm Saturdays (by appointment) at 3200 FM 2728, Kaufman, Texas 75142
- WHEN: Saturdays 12-5pm (by appointment)
- ANYTHING ELSE? Home delivery available; call 214-274-1388
- WHAT: Grass fed beef and lamb, pastured pork and chicken, seasonal greens and strawberries.
- WHEN & WHERE: Farm pick up in Daingerfield, TX; local and Dallas deliveries available.
- ANYTHING ELSE? Call 903-452-9738 / website: http://greerfarm.com
- WHAT: Grass fed beef and lamb
- WHEN & WHERE: Online orders and ranch pick up: 8098 NW County Rd 2080, Barry TX
- ANYTHING ELSE? Email email@example.com for ordering and directions to the farm.
- WHAT: Small acre farm producing beyond organic veggies for CSA and farmer’s markets.
- WHEN & WHERE: Saturday deliveries for CSA members; visit their website for details.
Promise of Peace Gardens
- WHAT: Community and school gardens growing fresh, nutrient dense, beautiful veggies. Order a POP Harvest Garden Box for $25. We also have Texas Fungus mushrooms at $10 per half-lb / $20 per lb.
- WHEN & WHERE: Order by 8pm the night before, and pick up Wednesdays and Saturdays between 10am-12 noon at 3106 Herbert St. / Trinity Groves.
- ANYTHING ELSE? Stay updated by visiting our Facebook page. Text your order and questions to Elizabeth at 214-240-9220.
Reeves Family Farm
- WHAT: As a temporary extension of their farm and Farm Store, the Reeves family has put together weekly fresh food drop-offs in NEIGHBORHOOD FARM boxes, filled with fruits and vegetables, fresh bread from La Francaise bakery, and eggs (when available).
- WHEN & WHERE: Weekly pick up locations in Princeton, Wylie, McKinney and Allen from 3/28 – 4/30 or longer. Number of orders taken limited to their capacity!
- ANYTHING ELSE? For details and to place an order: https://www.reevesfamilyfarm.com/neighborhood-box
- WHAT: 100% grass fed beef and lamb raised on organically managed pasture; pasture raised pork, eggs, chicken and turkeys fed non-GMO grains without synthetic fertilizers, herbicides or pesticides.
- WHEN & WHERE: On-farm pickup by appointment at 2238 CR 1081, Greenville, TX — or weekly delivery to Rockwall/Heath, McKinney and Frisco. Place your order online, and call or email to set up pick up time — 903-225-9381 / firstname.lastname@example.org
- ANYTHING ELSE? Currently available — a variety of chicken and pork products, ground turkey, lamb, lots of eggs, and a limited quantity of beef.
- WHAT: Seasonal veggies (including Asian vegetables), chicken eggs, duck eggs, raw honey, and other seasonal items. Our produce changes depending on the season. Registration for CSA is also open on our website.
- WHEN & WHERE: Weekly pick-up at locations in Coppell, Las Colinas, The Colony, Plano, and Frisco. Daily pick-up at Flower Mound location.
- ANYTHING ELSE? CSA options, prices and registration info are available on our website at saplingfarms.com. If you have any questions or want to place a non-CSA order, call or email at 214-929-2349 or email@example.com.
SPECIALTY FOOD & ARTISINAL PRODUCTS:
Bean Life Coffee
- WHAT: A premium, small-batch specialty coffee roastery passionate about showcasing the variety and balance of specialty coffee from around the world.
- WHEN & WHERE: Deliveries available Mon–Fri / 8am–5pm. Customers can order on our website; we also supply our coffee to coffee shops, restaurants, businesses, etc. at wholesale rates.
- ANYTHING ELSE? Order online. We can ship, deliver, or you can pick up at our roastery at 624 Haggard St. Ste. 708 in Plano.
Bernard’s Gourmet Foods
- WHAT: Award-winning roasted salsas.
- WHEN & WHERE: Online shopping and local porch delivery in McKinney area.
- WHAT: Small-batch heirloom spices and spice products.
- WHEN & WHERE:Order online; porch pick up or free delivery within 25 miles of 75063 zip code.
- ANYTHING ELSE? Also offering live sessions on Instagram to share simple ways to include ayurvedic spices into your daily meals @be.Spiced.
Bishop Hill Farm Flowers
- WHAT: Beautiful farm flowers grown in Old Town Coppell.
- WHEN & WHERE: Porch pickup for Grab & Go Flowers in Old Town Coppell.
- ANYTHING ELSE? To order, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or facebook message @BishopHillFarmFlowers
- WHAT: Organic, handcrafted artisan breads using only sourdough.
- WHEN & WHERE: Taking online pre-orders for curbside pick up at Dallas Farmers Market; also offering Tuesday home deliveries.
- ANYTHING ELSE? Email email@example.com for details.
Hippos and Hashbrowns
- WHAT: A small-batch East Dallas bakery providing quality treats, healthy snacks and seasonal deserts … their signature crisps, granola, quick breads and pound cake are available at several Dallas area shops.
- WHEN & WHERE: Find retail locations throughout the metroplex HERE.
- ANYTHING ELSE? If you and your neighbors place a larger order, they can arrange delivery. Email your order or questions to firstname.lastname@example.org
- WHAT: Award winning seasonal whole fruit spread, lightly sweetened with natural cane sugar and a splash of “libation” — great paired with meats & cheeses.
- WHEN & WHERE: Order online for shipping directly to your home or “local pickup.”
- ANYTHING ELSE? For local Dallas area delivery, choose “Local Pickup” at Check Out — they can email you an invoice for the additional $10 Delivery Fee.
- WHAT: 21 time World Award Winning Preservatory with organic, handmade, locally sourced Preserved, Fermented, Baked and Dehydrated Gourmet Food; Pickles, Jams, Preserved Fruits and Veggies, Baked Goods
- WHEN & WHERE: Pick up available daily upon appointment 11am-7pm; please text first 972-768-2608 >4318 West Lovers Lane, Dallas, TX
- ANYTHING ELSE? We will preserve your fruits and veggies and if you want us to teach you how to do it so you will not run out. Any farmers with produce that needs preserving, let us know and we’ll come get it and preserve for you. Website: https://thejellyqueens.com/
Jolly Acres Farms
- WHAT: Handcrafted goat milk caramels
- WHEN & WHERE: Online ordering and shipping; Saturday pick ups coming soon!
- ANYTHING ELSE? Monthly subscription “Jolly Box” delivered to your door (local area).
Luscombe Farm Specialty Foods
- WHAT: Award winning jams and jellies.
- WHERE: Porch pick-up at the farm or visit the jelly barn by appointment: 8649 Luscombe Farm Drive, Anna, TX 75409
- WHEN: Call or text ahead to pick up 214-212-0814.
- ANYTHING ELSE? Flavors available currently: Jalapeno, Jalapeno Peach, Jalapeno Blackberry, Jalapeno Raspberry, Sweet Fire Confetti / Seasonal jams and jellies: Strawberry, Peach Cobbler; limited supply of Rosemary Peach, Strawberry Basil, Pear Butter, and Fig!
The Rosemary Bakery
- WHAT: Handcrafted pastries and bread made with local/organic ingredients that are free of dyes, preservatives, pesticides, and hormones.
- WHEN & WHERE: Twice a week pick-ups in Downtown McKinney — must PRE-ORDER; email email@example.com .
- ANYTHING ELSE? Menus will be posted via social media. Follow us to stay updated and see what we’re baking. Payments taken via Venmo or Square Invoice ONLY. (No cash or cards taken upon pick-up). http://therosemarybakery.com
Scardello Artisan Cheese
- WHAT: A cut-to-order specialty cheese shop focused on handcrafted cheeses and tasty accompaniments.
- WHEN & WHERE: Oak Lawn — 3511 Oak Lawn Ave., Dallas, (214- 219-1300); Scardello Farmers Market — 920 S. Harwood St. Suite 131 (214-238-2312).
- ANYTHING ELSE? You can order cheese plates and gifts at www.scardellocheese.com.
- WHAT: Small batch, locally made cheesecake in a jar! Year-round and special seasonal flavors available.
- WHEN & WHERE: Daily delivery from 11am-5pm (may adjust depending on response). Free delivery when ordering 4+ jars of cheesecakes. $2 delivery fee for 1 to 3 jars of cheesecakes (may adjust depending on response). Or check our website for local shops and markets that carry our cheesecakes.
- ANYTHING ELSE? Call 817-785-8585 to place an order and make payment, or order online. Delivery with no contact.
Texas Olive Ranch
- WHAT: We make pure, infused Texas olive oils and balsamic vinegar with flavor and tastes you’ll love.
- WHEN & WHERE: Order online at www.texasoliveranch.com.
White Rock Granola
- WHAT: A local food company making delicious granola in small batches.
- WHEN & WHERE: Free deliveries in the Dallas area; ORDER DIRECTLY via email. Local pick up at Market Provisions, or we can ship directly to your home.
- ANYTHING ELSE? Our regular system will still be operational for those who order online and wish their orders shipped.
FOOD PICK-UP & DELIVERY:
Bon Appetit Y’all / BAY at the Lake
- WHAT: Great selection of wine, salads by the pound and 1/2 pound, baked goods made fresh everyday, and gourmet meals “to go”. Website: Https://www.bonappetityall.net
- WHEN & WHERE: To-go and curbside pick up in Grayson county
- ANYTHING ELSE? Sherman: 903-868-2100 / Pottsboro: 903-912-5515
Local Yocal Farm to Market
- WHAT: Farmer-owned, full-service butcher shop featuring grass-fed meats, naturally raised Wagyu and 100% Angus beef, as well as natural local goods: locally baked breads, low-temp pasteurized milk, pasture-raised eggs and poultry, raw milk cheese products, natural yogurts, gluten-free products, and many other locally produced goods.
- WHEN & WHERE: 213 N. Tennessee St, McKinney, TX ; call or email and we’ll batch your order for pick up: 469-952-3838 / firstname.lastname@example.org
- ANYTHING ELSE? Curbside pick up if you call ahead; delivery coming this week. *NOW OFFERING a Local Yocal Produce Box — nearly 20lbs of fresh veggies, fruit, eggs and rice; available for $40 per box (produce will vary, no substitutions, and while supplies last.)
- WHAT: Offering local produce and handmade products — everything from milk to popcorn to laundry soap. We source almost all of our products from local farmers, artisan food producers, and other artisanal product makers. Other products are from around the state.
- WHEN & WHERE: Open 7 days a week, 10am-6pm; 920 S. Harwood at Dallas Farmers Market, Suite 162. Call or order online at marketprovisions.org; curbside or in-store pick up.
- ANYTHING ELSE? As part of the non-profit GROW North Texas, all of our proceeds go towards programs that increase food production and food access. Learn more about GROW North Texas by going to grownorthtexas.org.
Modern Farmer’s Market
- WHAT: Modern Farmer’s Market is a community based movement providing local, organic, fresh foods to families in the DFW area. We work with many local farmers and small vendors to provide the best quality ingredients as well as holistic choices for your home.
- WHEN & WHERE: Local food delivered straight to your home each week; order online.
- ANYTHING ELSE? Free delivery on orders over $50.
- WHAT: Freshly made plant based grab-and-go meals and side dishes.
- WHEN & WHERE: Plano location open Sun – Thurs; North Dallas and Lake Highlands locations open every day (see website for hours)
- ANYTHING ELSE? Curbside pick up if you call ahead. Delivery available for weekly orders. Order online at http://naturesplate.com
- WHAT: Home delivery of the freshest, most nutrient-dense vegetables, leafy greens, microgreens, culinary herbs, dairy, eggs, goat cheese, chicken, beef, and pork and soon to be lots more items and a wider delivery area!
- WHEN & WHERE: Login to their website to order; delivery direct to your doorstep. Delivering currently in Lucas, Fairview, McKinney, and Allen with more delivery areas to come – just enter your zip code.
- ANYTHING ELSE? NO delivery fees and only a $35 minimum order
Turn Compost: Local Product Delivery
- WHAT: Online Market of locally produced products and foods — delivered to Greater Dallas residents in TURN’s 17 zip code Compost Pick Up service area.
- WHEN & WHERE: Order online by Sunday evening for following week delivery. Order here: www.turncompost.com/shop
- ANYTHING ELSE? Current local offerings include fresh breads, tonics, granola, pickles, jams, lotions; for your garden, we have compost, worm castings, 4-inch veggies and herbs, and seeds to get your victory garden going.5/18